Enrol in this exciting 3-day immersive laboratory experience at Perth’s world-class Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research. You will work beside scientists, gaining experience in how research is conducted on a day-to-day basis.
Aspects of the program change but may include:
- training for PC2 Laboratory operations
- techniques of microbiology and cell culturing techniques
- use of fluorescent microscopes
- genetic manipulation techniques
- tours of various centres within the grounds of the QEII medical complex
The Immersion Program is for students in years 10-12 and is run in the last week of every school holidays (including summer holidays).
Selection is by application. After reviewing all applications, five participants are selected to attend the next program. Notifications will be sent at least 4 weeks prior to the program start date.