We currently run two different programs in alternating holiday periods.
Calling all magnificent young scientists!
Join us in the BioDiscovery Centre during the school holidays.
Cells and Proteins
Magnify the microscopic world of the human body!
Investigate how your cells function using micropipettes, microscopes and other cool equipment used by medical research scientists.
Discover how scientists use cells in research.
Runs in the last week of the January and July school holidays.
Learn how to ‘stain’ a scientific sample and use a micropipette.
Use your science sleuthing skills to identify different bacteria.
Runs in the last week of the April and October school holidays.
Each session runs for approximately 2 hours from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm OR 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm.
Book a ticket below for your preferred time!
If you would like to give this as a gift please check the box at the end of the booking form and we will email you a PDF certificate.
October Holiday Program tickets have sold out!
Please email us to be notified as soon as tickets become available for the next round of Holiday Programs which will run in late January.
- These programs are aimed at a general audience and should not be seen as an academic extension or challenge activity.
- As part of the program, your child/ren will be working in a fully functional scientific laboratory and will be handling scientific equipment and materials.
- Whilst all care will be taken as to safety precautions, please note that the Lotterywest BioDiscovery Centre cannot be held liable for any injury or damage to either your child/ren or personal property.
- All samples and microscope slides will be disposed of in biohazard waste receptacles at the cessation of the activity.
- Your child/ren will be using the internet as a research tool during the course of the program. Children are responsible for self-monitoring their use of the internet to appropriate sites for the purpose of research.