We offer tours of the Perkins to clubs, associations and businesses that wish to come along and see firsthand the groundbreaking research undertaken in Western Australia.
YOU ARE WELCOME AT THE PERKINS
Tour Duration: 1.5 hours
Cost: $5 per person
On a tour of the Perkins site in Nedlands, you will learn how our close-knit team of researchers work together to defeat major diseases that impact our community.
See the world-class facilities and hear how Perth’s bright minds are using amazing technology to develop exciting new medical solutions.
During your tour you will:
- See an original sample of the mould used by Sir Alexander Fleming to grow penicillin – signed by the revolutionary scientist himself!
- Walk down our ‘information corridor’ and discover historical highlights in medical research that led to the medicines we rely on today
- Hear about the life-changing discoveries happening in your home town
- See the state-of-the-art research laboratories at the Perkins
- Meet your dedicated researchers (where possible)
Please note that this tour is designed for adult community groups.
Tours of the Perkins are available to clubs, associations and businesses (10+ people).
A tour takes approximately one and a half hours, however, we can be flexible to suit your group.
There is a coffee shop on site that provides a suitable option for morning tea or lunch after your tour.
Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research - Ground Floor - main foyer
6 Verdun Street, Nedlands, WA